What is THCjd: Will it get you high?
Tetrahydrocannabioctyl (THCjd) is a unique and rare cannabinoid produced naturally by the cannabis plant. It can also be made synthetically. As the hemp market grows, many previously unknown cannabinoids have come under the spotlight in recent years. And while there are many options to choose from, one of them stands out—THCjd.
In this post, we’ll go in-depth to tell you what is THCjd? And what makes it unique.
How is THCjd Different From Delta 9?
To really tell you about the differences between these two cannabinoids, we need to start by getting technical. The most significant difference between THCjd and Delta 9 is that the former has an 8-carbon alkyl sidechain while the latter has a 5-carbon alkyl sidechain. This affects how THCjd binds to cannabinoid receptors in the body and explains why THCjd is 19 times stronger than Delta 9. Yes, you read that right! THCjd is also 25 times stronger than Delta 8.
This makes THCjd an excellent option for people who want a more potent “high.”Excited to hear more? Let’s talk about the effects of THCjd.
What are the Effects of THCjd?
THCjd produces a much more powerful psychotropic effect than what you’ll get from any other cannabinoid. Some users have described THCjd as having the same intense euphoric and sedating effects that some Indica strains produce. But be prepared, due to its high potency, THCjd may leave you blissfully couch-locked. It is a great option when you want to relax or combat stress.
Note: THCjd products may not be suitable for newbies. The high it produces may be overwhelming. We recommend using THCjd products sparingly. Use a small amount, and observe the effects before upping your dose.
What are the Therapeutic Benefits of THCjd?
While there are only preliminary studies into THCjd, anecdotal evidence indicates that it may have some therapeutic benefits. Some of the purported benefits of THCjd include:
- Pain relief
- Reduce inflammation
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Nausea relief
- Insomnia relief
- Appetite enhancer
Is THCjd Legal?
THCjd is produced in small quantities by the cannabis plant—less than 1 percent. As a result, manufacturers convert hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) to THCjd. This makes it federally legal under the 2018 Farm Bill. It is important to note that only THCjd products made with CBD sourced from hemp are legal.
At Modus, we believe in transparency. All our products are made with extracts sourced from hemp plants grown in the U.S., and a third-party laboratory tests them before they hit the shelves. We make these lab test results available at our store, so you know exactly what you’re consuming.
THCjd Products to Try
If you’re intrigued by the above information, you’re no doubt looking to try a THCjd product.
The new Modus Uppercut Blend captures what makes THCjd special. Although this product is not purely THC-jd, we have created a balanced blend composed of THC-H, THCjd, and Delta 8 live resin. The incorporation of these additional cannabinoids allows you to enjoy the intense potency of THCjd without its effects being overwhelming, giving you a more well-rounded high.
The result is a rich, satisfying extract that is super flavorful and delivers a potent high. If you want a preloaded device for an easy vaping experience, you can opt for our Uppercut disposable vaporizer. However, if you want more control over your vaping experience, our THCjd cartridge is a better choice and slightly more cost effective starting at $38.99 – a huge bargain for a massive 2 gram cart. Both devices have a cannabinoid concentration level of 2000mg. You can choose from strains like:
- Alaskan Thunderfuck - This Sativa strain has a strong, complex flavor with notes of cedar, pine, lemon, menthol, and skunk. There’s also a bit of nuttiness and earthiness to it.
- G.P.2 - This Hybrid strain is known for its earthy, berry, nutty, musky, and piney aroma. It smells a bit sweet.
- Gush Mintz - This Hybrid strain has a peculiar minty flavor. It also has diesel, cherry, nutty, and piney notes.
- Oreoz - This Hybrid strain does justice to its name. It has a mouthwatering aroma with hints of chocolate, nuts, and diesel flavor.
- Lemon Cherry Gelato - This exotic Sativa strain has a distinct citrusy flavor with earthy, piney, fruity, and berry notes.
- Watermelon Zkittlez - This Indica strain has a bold tropical flavor. You’ll get hints of sweet-sour citrus and watermelon flavor.
- Banana Breath - This Indica strain is known for its sweet, fruity aroma with dominant citrus notes.
The Modus Uppercut blend is also available as a gummy if you prefer edibles. Our gummies are sold in bags of 20 gummies, each containing 100mg of our potent blend. If you're looking for a satisfying chew and an intense yet well-rounded high, look no further! Modus Uppercut Gummies come in 7 delicious flavors:
- Passion Fruit X Juicy Guava - Sativa
- Sour Blue Razz X Sour Strawberry - Sativa
- Sour Melon X Lemonade - Hybrid
- Mystery Flavor - Hybrid
- Tropical Mango X Golden Pineapple - Hybrid
- White Grape X Fuji Apple - Indica
- Black Cherry X Limeade - Indica
Head to our online store right now to learn more about Modus Uppercut devices, carts, and gummies, and pick one up for yourself!
Born and raised in Northern California to a family with generations of cannabis knowledge. In addition to being a cannabis connoisseur himself, Zach is an owner/operator at a popular barbershop in the East Bay. In his spare time, Zach creates music and has worked with many influential bay area hip-hop and R&B artists. Follow on Instagram.